Pa I'm No Kid! | The PINK! Portal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTION: Best way to communicate with unresponsive son?

2 posters

Go down

QUESTION: Best way to communicate with unresponsive son? Empty QUESTION: Best way to communicate with unresponsive son?

Post  richardchin Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:39 pm

Dear experts,
My son is 16 and has been addicted to computer games for the past two years. I have been trying to communicate with him for a long time now, even to the extent of buying him his favourite computer games in an effort to connect with him. However, he enjoys playing the games I buy him more than the time spent with me, and I am feeling increasingly alienated from him. How can I solve this problem?
-Richard Chin

richardchin

Back to top Go down

QUESTION: Best way to communicate with unresponsive son? Empty Re: QUESTION: Best way to communicate with unresponsive son?

Post  ed_choy Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:55 pm

richardchin wrote:
My son is 16 and has been addicted to computer games for the past two years. I have been trying to communicate with him for a long time now, even to the extent of buying him his favourite computer games in an effort to connect with him. However, he enjoys playing the games I buy him more than the time spent with me, and I am feeling increasingly alienated from him. How can I solve this problem?

Hi Richard,
Many fathers face your problem, and I would suggest a couple of ways to get your son's attention again: first, you could try engaging him in other activities, but I'm sure you've already attempted that. How about introducing him to the latest fathering role-playing game, Third Life? Alternatively, you could invest in buying multi-player games for your son, such that you can communicate with him over Siod Meier's Pirates or similar. All the best with that!
-Ed

ed_choy
CFF Expert
CFF Expert

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum